Monday, April 14, 2014

Finish Along 2nd Quarter

Phew I'm running towards the cut off time but here are my projects for Katy at The Littlest Thistle's Finish Along Quarter 2.

Finish Along 2014
The first three projects are carried over from 1st quarter

1.
Open Your Windows quilt top, I want to get this one quilted, bound and ready to use this winter.  I'm putting it on the list but it's probably an outside chance at this stage as a few of my other projects have definite deadlines.

 2.
Vintage Tribute Star, pinned and ready to be quilted.  It's a small quilt so really shouldn't take long, I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.

3.
Scrappy Tripalong, just needs binding.  I know quilters who love binding, seeing it as a quick last step in the making of a quilt and eagerly getting stuck into it.  I wish I was the same!  I probably shouldn't even include quilts that need binding in my FAL list, but for me it is such a big, looming process that I need some incentive to get them done.

4.
Street Grids, my variation of a free pattern from the Art Gallery Fabrics website.  Just needs binding and it's finished.

5.
Triangular, a simple quilt I made using all triangles.  I quilted it a while ago but wasn't really happy with the quilting.  After putting it away for a few months I got it out the other day and have decided I can definitely live with it (and really don't want to pull all the quilting out!).  I do have another 15 quilt tops waiting to be quilted so it seems silly to look for extra quilting work.  Umm, just needs binding.  Are we all seeing a pattern here?

6.
Feather Bed, my version of Anna Marie Horner's famous free pattern. I need a bit more of the background fabric which I've ordered, hoping it will be here before Good Friday so I can get the quilt top finished and pin it at my quilting group sewing day this Sunday.  I've got a deadline for this one, May 1st, and I'm starting to get a bit nervous about messing up the quilting.

7.
Catvent quilt, this pile of fabric is being slowly cut into the 25 different cats that make up Elizabeth Hartmann's adorable pattern.   The cutting is taking a long time!  This is a surprise for one of my co-workers.

8.

Trail Marker, a simple improv style quilt made up of random size triangles.  This quilt is from a pattern in Quilty magazine by Ashley Newcomb of Film in the Fridge.  I have to admit that I started this project late one night at a quilting retreat a few weeks ago and it took me a nearly the whole evening to work out how to piece them.  I felt like such a goose, but now that I've worked it out I'm loving putting them together. I've used a layer cake of Curio by Basic Grey which I've had stashed for a long time waiting for the right pattern to land in my lap. 

9.
Madeline, another Schnibble made with my friend Chris.  We've finished the quilt tops and are ready to quilt.  It's a small wallhanging so not a big finish, but I'm looking forward to seeing it on the wall.  It's our third Schnibble, we are thinking about making a couple of  Camille Roskelly's cute Thimbleblossoms miniatures next. 

That's my aims for quarter 2!  I think I am being a bit ambitious, but hey why not take the bull by the horns?  Thanks again Katy for getting me motivated.  Now maybe I should start with some binding.





1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, if you quilt I will bind! Did Vicki show you how she does binding at camp? That is a long list, but you are making progress and that is the main thing. Internet is being picky this morning, but I am going to check out that link to teh Thimbleblosssoms miniatures as soon as it starts working properly!

    ReplyDelete