Monday, May 21, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival

I'm excited to be part of Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival!  Twice a year Amy's Creative Side links up heaps and heaps of bloggers who nominate one quilt to go into the Festival.  To see some fabulous quilts and get really inspired, click on the link:


Amy's Creative Side


My quilt is one that I completed not long ago.  I made this quilt for my daughter Indy to take with her to University.  I made her one last year as well but she said she'd like a larger quilt.


She tells me this size is ideal for using to make a 'human kebab'.


I have another quilt which has this block design around the edge of it, I have tried to find out what the name of the design is but I haven't been able to.  I'm sure it must be a traditional block as it is simply another way of laying out half square triangles.  I've called it 'Scrappy Sparks'.


The colours Indy chose were orange, aqua, pink and purple.  I wasn't sure how they would work together, and I added a couple of warm browns to give the quilt more depth.  I also included some prints that I knew she would like, such as some bikes and some hedgehogs.  The border is a Denyse Schmidt print.

It's a simple design that shows off the colour and fabric prints really well.  I was surprised that the colours all look great together!  I am really pleased with it.  There is something so amazing when you hand over a quilt to someone.  Indy was so grateful, she says she loves it!

5 comments:

  1. Love Indys quilt, would like to see her as a human kebab...is that an effect study technique or just a method for keeping warm....the mind boggles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty quilt. I'm sure she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!

    Even university students need security blankets. It also means you can study in pyjamas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt - these blocks are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indy is one lucky girl to have a mom who can turn out a quilt like this. It is a beauty and so nice she has something so personal from you with her away at school.

    ReplyDelete